Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayde_72
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Sum set analysis with a distinct ID parameter

Is there a way to do set analysis sum with defining a parameter as distinct?

I have data from invoice header and invoice lines. When summed up, they equal each other. But when I sum the overall

Sum(inv_ln_total)  ..... and.... Sum(inv_gross_total), it equals the picture below. I think it is duplicating data somewhere or there are duplicate invoices in the report I pulled.

What I want to do is something like this:

--> sum({<Distinct Invoice ID>} Invoice Header Total)

Is this possible to set up an ID that is distinct within set analysis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

This sounds like a problem with the data model, so I'd suggest trying to get that looked at and possibly fixed if possible. Perhaps you are joining the lines and header into a single table, resulting in the duplication of header values?

You might be able to work around it by using aggr and Only(), something along the lines of:

sum(aggr(only([Invoice Header Total]),[Invoice ID]))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This sounds like a problem with the data model, so I'd suggest trying to get that looked at and possibly fixed if possible. Perhaps you are joining the lines and header into a single table, resulting in the duplication of header values?

You might be able to work around it by using aggr and Only(), something along the lines of:

sum(aggr(only([Invoice Header Total]),[Invoice ID]))

Kayde_72
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply!

that formula work as well as one I found from a coworker. Putting this here to help someone who comes along to find this answer!

Sum(Aggr(Sum(invoice header total), inv_id))