Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wuming79
Creator
Creator

How to change individual line chart according to fields?

Hi,

I plotted 3 fields in time series and all 3 line charts are of different colors. My table is as below:

date|         price|         75 percentile |     25 percentile |

18     |     8            |               10                 |      6                        |          

19     |     9            |           11                     |      7                        |  

20     |     10          |          12                      |      5                        |  

I have tried something like if (price=price,Red(),Blue()) but it will not even show the price chart.  

I wanted price to be in 1 colour and the percentile to be another but 25 percentile colour is same as 75 percentile. How can I code the expression?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, 

Create 3 master items (measures). One for price, one for 75 percentile and one for 25 percentile. You can then set a color manually for each measure. After that you can add those measure in your chart and set coloring to auto.

Check from 2.04 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AA7zE9sqUU

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, 

Create 3 master items (measures). One for price, one for 75 percentile and one for 25 percentile. You can then set a color manually for each measure. After that you can add those measure in your chart and set coloring to auto.

Check from 2.04 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AA7zE9sqUU

wuming79
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I have created a measure for sum(price), named it as price and measure color black but my price chart did not change to blank when I choose single colour.  

Under my single colour, I also do not have the "use library colours" option. But I have the colour options for all charts. When I change the colour, all lines changed together.

Colours.PNGColours 2.PNG

wuming79
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I finally managed to did it. Following the master item example, I had to re-create the chart using master item.