Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II

How to connect 2 tables using text in a field

I got 2 tables (Please see attached file). I have to connect this 2 tables in Qlik sense data load editor so that I can create viz in app. I would like to connect this 2 tables using the only common field that has common data which are "rule" field in "Table1.xlsx" and "GroupName" field in "Table2.xlsx".

I am blank because that data presented is in substring. Can you please give me idea of how I can connect this 2 table.

Note: Data are dynamic everyday. For example there can be more "GroupName" in Table 2 the next day when I load the dashboard and subsequently there can be more or less "GroupName" assigned against a fruit in Table1.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

I just cleaned up the text using string functions to enable the subfield to work:

Load *,
SubField(
Replace(Replace(REplace(rule, '((user.group="', '') , ' or user.group="', ''), '"))', '')
, '"')
as GroupName;
LOAD
id,
Name,
rule
FROM [lib://Data/Table1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Table1);

LOAD
GroupName,
"Column1(Filled with Random data)"
FROM [lib://Data/Table2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Table2);

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

I just cleaned up the text using string functions to enable the subfield to work:

Load *,
SubField(
Replace(Replace(REplace(rule, '((user.group="', '') , ' or user.group="', ''), '"))', '')
, '"')
as GroupName;
LOAD
id,
Name,
rule
FROM [lib://Data/Table1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Table1);

LOAD
GroupName,
"Column1(Filled with Random data)"
FROM [lib://Data/Table2.xlsx]