Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik496
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to count the data with certain conditions. (Count One column that has same value as another column)

Help!!!

Hello I am new to Qlik. 

I want to count all transactions which happened previous month with each customer. 

For example, when I see the transaction data that happened at 2023-08 , I want one additional column to show how many transactions we had in 2023-07 with this customer. 

So I made one column to show the current transaction month :

NUM(Month(Date#([REG_DATE],'YYYY-MM-DD')))

and then I made another column that show previous month using: 

if(NUM(Month(Date#([REG_DATE], 'YYYY-MM-DD')))=1,12,NUM(Month(Date#([REG_DATE], 'YYYY-MM-DD')))-1)

Now I want to aggregate the transaction data that occurred previous month.

So I am trying to use code like this: Column(5) is the column of previous month. 

Aggr(count(distinct if({<[NUM(Month(Date#([REG_DATE]],'YYYY-MM-DD')))]=Column(5)>},TRANSACTIONID)),CUSTOMER)

This does not work at all.

And I have no clue how I should fix this code.

Please help me.

I am not using script. I am using the sheet. 

I don't want to go deep into the script. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
G3S
Creator III
Creator III

could you share why a square bracket is being used?

Aggr(count(distinct if({<[NUM(Month(Date#([REG_DATE]],'YYYY-MM-DD')))]=Column(5)>},TRANSACTIONID)),CUSTOMER)

also the requirement for the if statement

Qlik496
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No reason I just used it... I am newbie I just am trying in various ways...

G3S
Creator III
Creator III

from what I know, that is for fields. could you share example data (please remove any sensitive info) and a mockup of  your desired output?

would suggest to calculate the month of REG_Date and the month prior of REG_DATE in the script  and use that calculated field in the front. 

have a look at: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnalys...

Qlik496
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Thank you for the answer but  I changed my strategy to get the data. 

I think I can  count transaction happened in past 30days.

Now I am trying to use this code: 

Aggr(count(distinct if( Date(REG_DATE)-30 <= REG_DATE <=Date(REG_DATE)),TRANSID),CUSTOMER) 

Which does not work it comes with blank. 

I would try to provide mock data if you prefer.