Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zorak
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create a filter that filter two different tables?

Hi, I have two Tables, Premiums and Claims, I have them linked by a policy key, I want a filter that filter the premium table by one column and the claim table by another, while ignoring the key. 

For example

Policy table 

Policy number | Premium Year| Premium

1 | 2020 | 10

2 | 2020 | 10

3 | 2021 | 10

Claims table

Policy number | claim number | Accident Year | Claim

1 | 1 | 2021 | 10

1 | 2 | 2021 | 10

2 | 3 | 2020 | 5

I would like to, for example, filter to year 2021 and it give me the sum(premiums) = 10 and sum(claims) = 20. How I have it now, I have to choose one of the columns Premium Year or Accident Year, but if I select one of those filters, the filter go to the next table by Policy number, but I need them to be independent. 

Thanks. 

Labels (3)
5 Replies
zhaofeng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think you can try to use alternate status

anat
Master
Master

You can bypass those fields which doesn't want to affect the selection

pallavi_96
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Calculate the values using set analysis and then nullify those fields on which value should not change after selection inside the set analysis.

Eg:-=sum({$<[Premium Year]=,[Accident Year]={"$(=Max({<[Premium Year]=>}[Accident Year]))"}>}Claim)

Zorak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the help, I solved the problem adding a master date table and linking both tables to that. Now Im having another problem that that connection broke my 'policy number' link but I think its need a new topic. 

Zorak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, im new to QlikSense, can you explain me the sintaxis of that function? Thanks!