Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sersal10
Creator
Creator

How to display the sales of the last 10 days in a chart?

Hi all,

I have to display the sales of 10 last days so I will see in a column of a table ten rows and yesterday's sales at the top, the sales of 2 days ago below and so on. and in I have some fields to achieve that: sold_date which is the date where the ticket was sold, quantity is the number of tickets sold, so I would need sum(quantity).

I am currently trying to load specific data in the load editor from a table I already have, but I think it could be much easier to use an expression in a chart to achieve it.

This is the code I am using in the load editor that doesn´t work anyway ( sth relate to the where clause):

LOAD
DATE(sold_date) AS date,
SUM(quantity) AS total_sales;

[marts_event_ticketing]:
SELECT "sold_date",
"quantity"
FROM
"dbt_xavi_marts"."marts_event_ticketing"
WHERE
Date(sold_date) >= $(=Date_Add('$(=Today())', -10))
GROUP BY
DATE(sold_date);

Any clue? Many thanks!!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Is the 'sold_date' properly formatted and ensure it conforms with the format in the expression.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

This expression will sum the quantities sold for the last 10 days based on the user's selection of dates.

Sum({<sold_date={">=$(=Date(Max(sold_date)-9, 'YYYY-MM-DD')) <=$(=Date(Max(sold_date), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} quantity)

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

Looked great but it didn´t work. I created a table and added a column with this expression and just a zero appears. I tried to add sold_date as a dimension and it was a null and a zero then.

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-29 a las 13.20.41.png

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

I did this instead:

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-29 a las 13.22.07.png

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Is the 'sold_date' properly formatted and ensure it conforms with the format in the expression.

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

It worked. I had another format when loading.

Thank you again BrunPierre!!