Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihuynhi
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to divide value of selection for each Year Q with the same value with chart functions

I have a table with three columns: Year Q, Product, and Units. I want to create a line graph for which in x axis I have the Year Q and Y axis I have the units for the selected product divided by the units of the same product for when the Year Q is 2020 Q1 (so called base). For example, if I select product A, in 2020 Q4 the value would be 

Units in 2020 Q4 / Units in 2020 Q1.

If I don't have anything selected for the product from the filter, the graph would show the same ratio but for all products together. Ideally, I would also like to have the base dynamic as well i.e. have another filter where I can choose it and if I have not chosen anything, the base would be 2020 Q1. How could this be done in Qlik with chart expressions and set analysis? I am relatively new to Qlik so apologies if I got some terms wrong.

Labels (6)
1 Reply
vidyutverma
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Will it work if you use a variable to keep your chosen base Quarter? Then use this variable in the expressions.