Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niha
Creator II
Creator II

How to get Top 20 task hours in a Table of qliksense

Hi,

I have Region, task  name as dimension and total MSL hours as measures. The code of measure is 
(sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q4hours)). There are say 5 region , NA, Japan, Apac, LATAM, EMEA. In the next colums , I want to get TOP 20 Task ' hours of each region . I might not need total msl hours of all task as seen but I need only TOP 20 task ' MSL  hours of each region . I am guessing it will use AGGR or Firstsort values but unable to complete it. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Niha

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patilamay
Contributor III
Contributor III

ok that's cool.

For percentage maybe use below expression

=(sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum({< FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'},>}Q4hours))
/
(sum(total {<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum(total {< FM ={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum(total {<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+ sum(total {<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q4hours))

Thanks,

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Apprentice4life
Contributor II
Contributor II

You can try combination of the AGGR and RANK functions.

Example:

=AGGR(IF(Rank(SUM(Equation))<=20 ,SUM(Equation)), Region)

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot! I tried your suggestion.

=AGGR(IF(Rank(
SUM({<FM={'MSL'}>Q1hours)
+SUM({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+
SUM({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+
SUM({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q4hours))<=20,

SUM({<FM={'MSL'}>Q1hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+
sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q4hours)),Region)

But I am not getting any values.Untitled.png

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

May be Aggr not necessary as in Table there is a option of  Top or Botton fixed values and it selects only top 20 task. 

Thanks.

Untitled.png

patilamay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use this expression as a dimension instead of measure.

And in the expression, if condition is true use the dimension field.

=AGGR(IF(Rank(Sum(expression))<=20 ,Dimension), Dimension). Supress null values.

HTH

Thanks,

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. I tried yours.  Also suppressed null. no luck.

=AGGR(IF(Rank(sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q4hours))<=20,[Task Name]),Region)

patilamay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Try this and suppress nulls.

AGGR(IF(Rank(sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q4hours))<=20,Region),Region)

Thanks

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I tried and it showed Region name instead of hour. Nevermind I got the top 20 task hour with out AGGR function as there is a option of selction Top 20 Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Now I got this Table.  I have to write a measure that should convert percentage of total. I tried like this but nor correct result.. Here I am trying to pull the percentage of taskhours to total msl hours.

=(sum({<FM={'MSL'},[Task Name]={"*"}>}Q1hours)+
sum({< FM={'MSL'},[Task Name]={"*"}>}Q2hours)+
sum({<FM={'MSL'},[Task Name]={"*"}>}Q3hours)+
sum({<FM={'MSL'},[Task Name]={"*"}>}Q4hours)

)
/
(sum({<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum({< FM ={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum({<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+ sum({<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q4hours)

)

Thanks,

Niha

patilamay
Contributor III
Contributor III

ok that's cool.

For percentage maybe use below expression

=(sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum({< FM={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+sum({<FM={'MSL'},>}Q4hours))
/
(sum(total {<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q1hours)+sum(total {< FM ={'MSL'}>}Q2hours)+sum(total {<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q3hours)+ sum(total {<FM ={'MSL'}>}Q4hours))

Thanks,

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It worked. you made my day!Untitled.png👌