Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DutchArjo
Creator
Creator

How to get pivot table showing 'missing' dates as 'x' instead of '-'

I have a table with peoples presence at certain dates. Of course, sometimes people are not available and they are missing in the input table.

I want to create an overview, showing when people were present or not with the specific dates in the columns and as values either "v" (when present) or "x" when absent.

I thought I learned how to do so in the Udemy Qlik Sense course, but apparently, I haven't been paying enough attention or I am applying it in the wrong way.

So can someone help me with the right approach?

In the source table, presence is noted like below:

Knipsel2.PNG

So for every single person, the presence is noted per date. People who were not present are no noted for that date.

I created the pivot like this:

Knipsel.PNG

On the left are the names and registration numbers of the people.

I created a new measure for the pivot with this expression:

if(count(appel_datum)>0,'v','x')

But as you can see only the dates when people are present are in the pivot. When people were not present, there is only the dash sign.

I also used tried this expression:

if(isnull(appel_datum)<>-1,'v','x') (unchecked 'show nulls').

How can I get Qlik Sense to show an "x" for the date a person was not present (and therefore is not in the source table)?

Labels (4)
10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Apologies for the delay, Do you still need input on this? Otherwise Please accept your solution as answered. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful