Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H_M
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to ignore all selections in multiple condition sum expression

I have tried to look up similar questions but can't seem to get my exact expression to work. I have a KPI using the formula:

Sum({1<[Company Name] -= {''}>} [Sales]) i.e sum of sales where Company Name is not null.

I want to ignore all selections and have tried the following options with no success, please help:

=Sum({1<[Company Name] -= {''}>} [Sales])

=Sum({1<[Company Name] = >}If(Not IsNull([Company Name]),[Sales]))

=Sum({1<[Company Name] = >}{<[Company Name] -= {''}>} [Sales])

=Sum({<[Company Name]-={''}>} {<[Company Name]=>}[Sales])

Sum({1<[Company Name]-={''}>} {<[Company Name]=>}[Sales])

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi @H_M ,

I am happy that we got the solution, however, I am also afraid that the solution might not really behave the exact way you might need.  Your expression should be something like:

Sum({1<[Company Name] = {"*"},FIeld1 = $::Field1>} [Sales]) 

instead.

I wrote an article on it, you might want to read to understand why. Check: Ignore-all-selections-except-few-fields-using-Set-Analysis

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Id your base expression working where you want to exclude nulls? I guess, if you have real nulls in that field, it should NOT work. Give a try with :

Sum({1<[Company Name] = {"*"}>} [Sales])

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@H_M Hi, What product are you using, QlikView or Qlik Sense? I would like to move this into the correct product forum.

Sue Macaluso
H_M
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Sue_Macaluso , I am using Qlik Sense

H_M
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@tresesco For some reason, that expression is not yielding the correct figure. Perhaps the issue is with my source data, I will re-look at it

H_M
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@tresesco turns out it was giving me the wrong answer simply because it was ignoring all selections, what I needed was for it to ignore all selections except for one field (let's call it 'Field1') so this formula is what worked:
Sum({1<[Company Name] = {"*"},FIeld1 = p(Field1)>} [Sales])

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi @H_M ,

I am happy that we got the solution, however, I am also afraid that the solution might not really behave the exact way you might need.  Your expression should be something like:

Sum({1<[Company Name] = {"*"},FIeld1 = $::Field1>} [Sales]) 

instead.

I wrote an article on it, you might want to read to understand why. Check: Ignore-all-selections-except-few-fields-using-Set-Analysis