Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSF
Contributor
Contributor

How to load a SQL statement in the load editor?

I just established a connection to my desired Teradata server. I have a SQL statement already created and I want to be able to use it in the load editor so that all my changes/manipulation to the data appear in the table. Can I paste or insert my SQL statement into the load editor script so that it returns the results?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@JSF  Yes if you have established connection from your load script. you can copy paste query. If in query table name is not prefixed with database name, you might need to prefix it with database_name.table_name. You can run the query with SQL key word in data load editor and load the data  

SQL SELECT * FROM database.table where X='Y';

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@JSF  Yes if you have established connection from your load script. you can copy paste query. If in query table name is not prefixed with database name, you might need to prefix it with database_name.table_name. You can run the query with SQL key word in data load editor and load the data  

SQL SELECT * FROM database.table where X='Y';