Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1600eads
Contributor III
Contributor III

stacked bar chart with a trend (line)

Does anyone have a hard answer as to the feasibility of being able to create a stack bar chart with an line graph?

I've read around and cannot seem to find the exact answer.

I tried using the out of box combo chart to create 2 separate bars, along with the line, but the bars cannot be stacked nor do my filters render the visualizations since I'm not using the said dimensions on the combo chart, just in my bars/measures as a set analysis.

Much thanks.

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@1600eads  You can create it with multiple measures of combo charts. If you have multiple measures represented as bar, you can select stacked option from presentation.  Hence for second dimension you may need to create separate measure for each value.

1600eads
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think thats where I'm confused because I don't have that option after bringing in multiple measures represented as bars. This is for a combo chart. Version is May 2023 patch 3.

1600eads_0-1725997244644.png

Kushal_Chawda

@1600eads  You first need to add multiple measures in combo chart then go to presentation to select stacked option. Did you add multiple measures because with single measure you can't see stacked option?

1600eads
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I have 2 measures included along with a line but I do not see that option.. which is very weird.

1600eads_0-1725997597240.png

Kushal_Chawda

@1600eads  One more limitation is that you can add only two measures which can be stacked.

1600eads
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I noticed that as well, I can only use 2 measures. I still cannot find that option under > Presentation to stack the bars.

Kushal_Chawda

@1600eads  did you add dimension?

1600eads
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, it is a date field.

Kushal_Chawda

@1600eads  Then it seems to be some bug. Try restarting app. Try deleting and recreating object