Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sai_katare
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to publish a Qlik Sense app to only one member rather than a group create in streams

Hi All,

I am new to QlikSense and I want to understand how can I publish  a report to only one user. I see no option while publishing to do this. I can only see the groups in streams.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sai

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

In Qlik Sense, access to all entities (for instance apps and streams) is controlled through security rules:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/security-r...

Publishing an app simply means that the app will be assigned to a certain stream. Whether or not a certain user can see that app still depends on the rules for the app. Many deployments will add a rule that states that you can access an app if you can access the stream in which the app resides, but this is not the only way to organize access.

One option for you could be to add a security rule (or ask your system administrator to add one) that gives the user in question access to the specific app. That way you don't even have to publish it; she can access your unpublished app. The user won't be able to see the app listed in the hub, but she would be able to open it directly in a browser using the url for the app (with the app ID as part of the url).