Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cord_thomas
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to specify line color in line graph in Qlik Cloud

I have a line graph with 9 measures as lines from 3 different categories.  I would like to easily distinguish lines by category using a combination of color and style.  First, can i really only have a solid or a dashed line?  There are no other styles?  And I cannot figure out how to specify the color.   ideally by measure name but would accept having to do this manually but there doesn't appear to be a way to specify a color for each measure.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sabeeh
Contributor II
Contributor II

1. Expression-based Coloring:

• Under chart properties, navigate to "Colors and Legend" and disable "Use Library Colors."
    • Choose "Color by Expression."
    • Use a conditional expression (e.g., Pick(Category = 'A', $Green, Category = 'B', $Red, $Blue)) to assign specific colors based on category values.
  2. Measure Color Settings:

• Edit each measure individually.
    • Under "Appearance," locate the "Measure color" option.
    • Assign desired colors for each measure belonging to the same category. This ensures consistency within categories.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sabeeh
Contributor II
Contributor II

1. Expression-based Coloring:

• Under chart properties, navigate to "Colors and Legend" and disable "Use Library Colors."
    • Choose "Color by Expression."
    • Use a conditional expression (e.g., Pick(Category = 'A', $Green, Category = 'B', $Red, $Blue)) to assign specific colors based on category values.
  2. Measure Color Settings:

• Edit each measure individually.
    • Under "Appearance," locate the "Measure color" option.
    • Assign desired colors for each measure belonging to the same category. This ensures consistency within categories.