Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sersal10
Creator
Creator

How to use subfield inside a calculation

Hi all,

I need to create a table of the regions where a product has been sold most and it will be in percentage of the total sales of the product.

For cities instead of region, I used this that worked:

Sum({<customer_country = {*}>} quantity)
/ Sum({<customer_country = {*} >} total quantity)

But I created an id of city-region-country called unique_id because there are names of cities shared between countries, and I get those names fine to create a pie chart using 

=SubField(unique_id_province, '-', 2) and it worked fine, so this way I reach the name of the province I want to use to create the table.

I think I need to use =SubField(unique_id_province, '-', 2) in Sum({<customer_country = {*}>} quantity)
/ Sum({<customer_country = {*} >} total quantity) somehow.

Any help?

Many thanks,

Sergio.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try

=Sum({<customer_country={"$(=SubField(unique_id_province,'-',2))"}>} quantity)

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi BrunPierre,

The thing is that Customer_country is a field I have but I do not want to use now. I want to extract the name of the province of the field calle unique_id and make the table summing up the quantity field of those rows.

Any further explanation just ask me.

Many thanks for your help

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

I am trying this but there is a syntax error. like a "," or a ")" is expected

Sum({<unique_id_province = {"*-" & SubField(unique_id_province, '-', 2) & "-*"}>} quantity)

marcus_sommer

Calculated dimensions have a lot of disadvantages against native fields. Therefore just avoid the trouble and create all needed fields within the data-model.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Can you provide sample data along with the expected outcomes?

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

I will try another way. Thanks anyway

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

I will try another way. Thanks anyway