Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjperreault
Creator
Creator

Hyperlink to Qlik In Excel

Hi All,

I have noticed an interesting behavior when trying to create a Hyperlink to my Qlik Sense hub in Excel.  

When I add the hyperlink in excel =HYPERLINK("https://myqlikerserver/hub","Go to Hub")  I get taken to this page.

2020-11-18 10_55_22-Window.png

Yet when I send/receive the same link via Email or Microsoft Teams chat I go directly to the Hub.  My Virtual Proxy Authentication Pattern is Windows.  

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks,
Mark

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Spivey
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I've run into this issue before –  according to this post on superuser (archive link), the issue is that when a link is clicked in Excel (in Windows, at least) it will go through a "protocol discovery" step using an Internet Explorer component in the background before it opens the link in your default browser. When this happens, the cookies required to identify the session for the logged-in user are not used. As of this writing, there doesn't appear to be a reasonable fix for this. Hopefully future versions of Office Windows desktop clients have a way to manage this.

That's probably horribly oversimplified but here are some more links that might explain better than I can: