Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thrive
Contributor II
Contributor II

I need to create a table as in the attachment below. Please help.

The numbers have to populate automatically on each date. For example, if today is Dec.1st, the data for dec.1st would be populated and all the other days would be blank since there is no data from dec.2nd. But as each day runs, we would have to get the data for each day until the end of the month. Basically, I pull the data from the database. How to achieve this in Qlik sense? I'm a beginner to Qlik. Thanks in advance!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jebrezov
Contributor III
Contributor III

Your question is very generic, so I’m not sure how to address. Qlik has a bunch of how to videos  and basic trainings I would recommend looking up to get started. I’ve listed some general steps below to give you an idea of what you may need to read/watch videos on as a start. Then when you run into issues, you’ll have a more specific issue that can be asked and addressed.

Do you have a connection to your database established? 

Once you have this you can either directly query your database for this app or query the database on a schedule (say once daily) and save off that data and any other database tables you would want to reference in apps into Qlik files (qvd) to be referenced in your apps as the data sources. The latter is what I’ve seen done most often to minimize many hits on the system due to queries.

Once you have your data loaded in, it depends on its format, but it looks like a pivot table would serve as the chart to present the data in your required format. 

View solution in original post

Thrive
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Appreciate your response, @Jebrezov .  I've created an access to the database. No connection yet. As I go through the process, I'll post my further questions here if I may have. Thanks again

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jebrezov
Contributor III
Contributor III

Your question is very generic, so I’m not sure how to address. Qlik has a bunch of how to videos  and basic trainings I would recommend looking up to get started. I’ve listed some general steps below to give you an idea of what you may need to read/watch videos on as a start. Then when you run into issues, you’ll have a more specific issue that can be asked and addressed.

Do you have a connection to your database established? 

Once you have this you can either directly query your database for this app or query the database on a schedule (say once daily) and save off that data and any other database tables you would want to reference in apps into Qlik files (qvd) to be referenced in your apps as the data sources. The latter is what I’ve seen done most often to minimize many hits on the system due to queries.

Once you have your data loaded in, it depends on its format, but it looks like a pivot table would serve as the chart to present the data in your required format. 

Thrive
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Appreciate your response, @Jebrezov .  I've created an access to the database. No connection yet. As I go through the process, I'll post my further questions here if I may have. Thanks again