Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMG
Contributor III
Contributor III

IF (IN) AND Syntax

Hi, i have a field that i've inserted the following formula into

=if((EntityInScopeList='Technology' and PrimaryEntity <> 'Technology'),Title,null())

The idea being i want to show only rows of data where the value "Technology" is in the entity in scope field, but not the primary entity, in those cases i display the Title field, and if not null, then i exclude the nulls from the table data.

How do i adapt the EntityInScopeList field to either

1. Work as a wild card, where part of the field includes "technology" but that whole field could be a field containing more than one value e.g.  Techology,HR,Ops   i.e     EntityInScopeList like '*Technology*'

2. If in my data set i made the Entityinscopelist field an actual comma separated value as in example 1, could i exact match the entry as being one of the included files in the comma separate data i.e. EntityInScopeList In ' '

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@DMG  try below

=if(index(EntityInScopeList,'Technology' ) and PrimaryEntity <> 'Technology',Title,null())

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@DMG  try below

=if(index(EntityInScopeList,'Technology' ) and PrimaryEntity <> 'Technology',Title,null())

DMG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

that works, thanks