Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SudharshanK
Creator
Creator

INNER JOIN not working with incremental qvd load

Hi,

I keep on getting the error Operation Aborted in QlikSense SaaS when I try to use an inner join with qvd file. Any ideas on how resolve this?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Qlik Cloud does have a hard limit on ram consumption. Could this be causing you this issue? Is your QVD file a very large qvd file or have you script been loading a lot of data into Memory in prior to your Join?

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

What does the setup look like? Intuitively I would think it is the inner that is the problem, but it depends on what your script actually looks like. Did you try an outer join instead?

SudharshanK
Creator
Creator
Author

how to check the qvd file size in QlikSense SaaS? Its sitting in some folder but I am unable to check size

SudharshanK
Creator
Creator
Author

I am using an inner join with the table on the primary key after I do a concatenate load with the initial qvd file. I am not sure whether an outer join would yield the correct results since I need only the records that match with the primary keys in the table

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

It becomes a problem if the table you are joining is already joined to your fact table.  Because then you are not just joining on the primary key, but on all the field in the table you want to join.

But maybe that was not the issue? Do you load the entire table to be joined before the join statement?

SudharshanK
Creator
Creator
Author

I have decided to do a full reload of all the qvd's since my incremental load results were not matching up with the table counts. Thanks all for your help.