Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayKay07
Contributor III
Contributor III

If max date then sum divide by weekday number else sum divide by 5

Hello,

Can anyone please help me to write formula. 

I have table chart with two columns: Date and Tickets

I want to calculate if it's max date then sum([Tickets])/num(Weekday(today())) else sum([Tickets])/5)

Below is the formula that I wrote, but it is wrong.  It always gives the result from first condition.

IF(max([Date.autoCalendar.Date])=max([Date.autoCalendar.Date]), sum([Tickets])/num(Weekday(today())), sum([Tickets])/5)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator

Plz check if this helps
if(Count({<[Date]={"$(=max([Date]))"}>} distinct [Date])=1,sum([Tickets])/num(Weekday(today())),sum([Tickets])/5)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @JayKay07 ,

I think that due to the table including [Date] that there is an error in the aggregation. Max(Date) when you have date as a dimension will always be the same as Date. You need Max(Date) to be across the whole set of dates ignoring the [Date] dimension. Try like below:

IF([Date.autoCalendar.Date]=max( TOTAL [Date.autoCalendar.Date]), sum([Tickets])/num(Weekday(today())), sum([Tickets])/5)

This will depend on whether you need max date across the whole set or if there is a subset of max dates. For example: if there are many dates within a ticket dimension and you want this max date then you need a total function like this:

max( TOTAL <Tickets> [Date.autoCalendar.Date])

Thanks

Anthony

JayKay07
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for reply. Still not working. On the most recent date it is still dividing by 5.

Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator

Plz check if this helps
if(Count({<[Date]={"$(=max([Date]))"}>} distinct [Date])=1,sum([Tickets])/num(Weekday(today())),sum([Tickets])/5)

JayKay07
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you