Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosemary
Contributor
Contributor

If one value is equal to second display only second

Hi Guys,

I have a Market table which consist the list of Countries. 

Market
Canada
Australia
United Kingdom
Argentina
Belgium
Hong Kong
Italy

I have also 2 tables with a data from different source and each of them will be used in different Sheet.

Country1
Australia
United Kingdom
Argentina

Country2 
Belgium
Argentina
Italy

In each sheet, I need to create a filter pane with a Country - which will be displaying only Countries for specific sheet. For example: in Sheet1, I will be able to choose only Country from table Country1, and in Sheet2 - I will be able to choose only Country from table Country2. But for example if I will choose 'Argentina' in Sheet1, when I will go to Sheet2, this filter should also apply.

What is more, Market table is a Bridge table which connect Country1 and Country2.

I thought that the solution could be applying If statement: if(Country1=Market,Market). But I would like to filter it only by Market, when in this situation both filters are showing up.

Capture1.PNG

Do you know how it can be resolved?

Rosemary 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
PriyankaShivhare
Creator II
Creator II

May Be Something like:

Country1

Load Country1 as Country,

1 as Flag

Resident Source 1;

concatenate

Country2:

Load Country2 as Country,

2 as Flag

Resident Source 2;

Now Separate out the Calculations of Country 1 and Country 2 on the basis of Flag Value as 1 and 2

Thanks,

Priyanka

rosemary
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @PriyankaShivhare . But do you know why when I am applying IF statement, both filters are showing up? Is there a way to get around this?

PriyankaShivhare
Creator II
Creator II

you need to separate it on the basis of flag.

i assume below is your if condition

if(Country1=Market,Market).

if(Country = Market  and  Flag = 1,Market)

Thanks,

Priyanka

rosemary
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @PriyankaShivhare,

Unfortunately it will not resolve an issue, because in this situation, even 3 dimensions appear on filter bar. I would like only Market to be activated, because only in this situation when I move to another sheet, the choice would be still valid.

rosemary_0-1610968120963.png