Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosemary
Contributor
Contributor

If one value is equal to second display only second

Hi Guys,

I have a Market table which consist the list of Countries. 

Market
Canada
Australia
United Kingdom
Argentina
Belgium
Hong Kong
Italy

I have also 2 tables with a data from different source and each of them will be used in different Sheet.

Country1
Australia
United Kingdom
Argentina

Country2 
Belgium
Argentina
Italy

In each sheet, I need to create a filter pane with a Country - which will be displaying only Countries for specific sheet. For example: in Sheet1, I will be able to choose only Country from table Country1, and in Sheet2 - I will be able to choose only Country from table Country2. But for example if I will choose 'Argentina' in Sheet1, when I will go to Sheet2, this filter should also apply.

What is more, Market table is a Bridge table which connect Country1 and Country2.

I thought that the solution could be applying If statement: if(Country1=Market,Market). But I would like to filter it only by Market, when in this situation both filters are showing up.

Capture1.PNG

Do you know how it can be resolved?

Rosemary 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
PriyankaShivhare
Creator II
Creator II

May Be Something like:

Country1

Load Country1 as Country,

1 as Flag

Resident Source 1;

concatenate

Country2:

Load Country2 as Country,

2 as Flag

Resident Source 2;

Now Separate out the Calculations of Country 1 and Country 2 on the basis of Flag Value as 1 and 2

Thanks,

Priyanka

rosemary
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @PriyankaShivhare . But do you know why when I am applying IF statement, both filters are showing up? Is there a way to get around this?

PriyankaShivhare
Creator II
Creator II

you need to separate it on the basis of flag.

i assume below is your if condition

if(Country1=Market,Market).

if(Country = Market  and  Flag = 1,Market)

Thanks,

Priyanka

rosemary
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @PriyankaShivhare,

Unfortunately it will not resolve an issue, because in this situation, even 3 dimensions appear on filter bar. I would like only Market to be activated, because only in this situation when I move to another sheet, the choice would be still valid.

rosemary_0-1610968120963.png