Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farsana
Creator
Creator

If reload fails due to data gateway how to capture the error

Team,

I scheduled few automation for app reload. But now I am facing an issue when there is an update required for data gateway the whole jobs fails.

Now the question how i know that there is an update on data gateway and if job failed in automation due to data gateway I want to capture the particular error and to pass the alert to respect team. Can I get some references

Thanks in advance 

3 Replies
Sayed_Mannan
Creator II
Creator II

You can use the following methods to capture errors when a reload fails due to a data gateway update:

1. Qlik Alerting: Qlik Alerting is a product that has been directly embedded into Qlik Sense. It can be used to generate alerts when a reload fails. However, you will need a specific tag in your Qlik Sense license to enable it.

2. Log Files: You can check the log files located in C:\Program\Data\Qlik\Sense\Log. Here you will see files such as Operations_Monitor_Reload_Stats.qvd. These files can provide detailed information about the failure.

3. Manual Reload: Make a copy of the monitoring app that is failing into your "Work Stream" then go to the Hub and run the reload process manually. This will show you if the issue is related to the task or the app reload.

4. Automatic Retry Mechanism: If you're frequently experiencing this error, or for critical app reloads, you should implement an automatic retry mechanism.

5. Error Logging: Enable detailed error logging in QlikSense. This can be done by going to the QMC, navigating to the Engine section, and enabling the Log verbosity option to Debug. This will provide detailed logs for your reload tasks.

6. Task Failure Alerts: Use the QlikSense task failure alert system. You can set up alerts in the QMC to notify the respective team when a reload task fails. This can be done by going to the ‘Reloads’ section in the QMC, selecting the task, and setting up the ‘On Failure’ alert.

7. Custom Error Handling in Load Script: In your load script, you can add custom error handling logic. This can be done using the OnError and OnAnyError script statements. These statements allow you to specify what action should be taken when an error occurs during the execution of the script.

8. Monitor Data Gateway Updates: Regularly monitor updates for your data gateway and schedule your reload tasks accordingly to avoid conflicts.

Remember, it's always a good idea to keep your data gateway updated to prevent such issues.

I hope this helps!

Farsana
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the points @Sayed_Mannan . One clarification ,I am using qlik cloud above suggestions is applicable for qlikcloud

Sayed_Mannan
Creator II
Creator II

Some features like Qlik Alerting and Task Failure Alerts might not be available in Qlik Cloud but some of the points like Log Files, Manual Reloads, Error handling in automation can be applied on Qlik Cloud as well.

I would suggest to refer to the official Qlik Cloud documentation or support for the most accurate and up-to-date information.