Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore all selections except 2 fields with set modifier

Hi, 

Can anyone help on below expression to Ignore all selections except 2 fields(Country and State) with set modifier.

Currently I tried with below expressions which are not working as expected.

Sum({1<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"} ,      [Country]=p([Country]),[State]=p([State])> } Cases)

Sum({1<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"}> *<[Country]=p([Country]),[State]=p([State])> } Cases)

Appreciate for your help.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
seematayade
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, 

If you want to remove selections, then you can simply exclude those fields from the set analysis as shown below:

Sum({<Date1={"<=$(=Max(Date1))"},Date1=, Year=>}Cases)

Regards,

Seema

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

this seems like something who should work

Sum({1<Date = {"<=$(=Max(Date))"} ,      [Country]=p([Country]),[State]=p([State])> } Cases)

did you check that the function for date return the result as the same format of your date field 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I had a write-up on this  few years back. Check here: Ignore-all-selections-except-few-fields-using-Set-Analysis

samp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Date working fine, even the expression working fine, the  only issue is if I select any dimension associated to other fact table then the expression returning null.

samp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Here I have around 50 fields which I want to exclude and only  date,country and state fields  i should allow for selection and date should be max date as in my set analysis, the expression is working fine but only I can't exclude those 50 fields selections.