Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashwinyp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore selections in one field in set analysis

Hi,

I am having 3 filters in my sheet - Geography, industry type and Quarter-Year.

I am trying to create a Measure in a Table which counts the number of applications only in Q1 2019. I do not want this measure to get affected by selections made in "Quarter-Year" filter. However, I need it to get filtered by Geography and industry type (Geography is created as a drilldown dimension).

I have tried Count( { <qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'} > } app) but this gets affected when anything else is selected in the "Quarter-Year" filter. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

In that case, I don't see why this isn't working

Count({<qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'}>} app)

This will ignore any selection in qtr_year, but still allowing you to select other fields... is this not what you are seeing? 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

HI Ashwini ,

U need to nullify that column in the set expression , like if you want to ignore   "Quarter-Year" selection use set Analysis like below 

sum(  {< [Quarter-Year]=  > }   sales) 

you just need to pass that column in the set analysis(expression) like above

let me know if you are not clear 

Ashwinyp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I need this column to show me the count of applications for "Q1_2019" alone. So if any other quarter like Q2_2019, etc is selected from the filter, it should still show me the count of applications for Q1_2019. This does not work with the expression you have provided me. Do you have an alternate solution?

sunny_talwar

What is a difference between Quarter-Year and qtr_year field? Are they two different fields in your data model or one of them is a typo? If they are two fields... then may be this

Count({<qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'}, [Quarter-Year]>} app)
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Then try like below ,

Count( { < [Quarter-Year],qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'} > } app)

Ashwinyp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry about that, it was a typo. Both are the same field.

I would like the measure to show me the count of applications for Q1_2019 irrespective of the selection in the "qtr_year"  filter. I do not want it to ignore selections made in the Geography and industry filters though.

sunny_talwar

In that case, I don't see why this isn't working

Count({<qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'}>} app)

This will ignore any selection in qtr_year, but still allowing you to select other fields... is this not what you are seeing? 

mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

try below  sure it will help you,

Count( { <qtr_year ,qtr_year = {'Q1_2019'} > } app)

sunny_talwar

@mahaveerbiraj AFAIK fields can only be added to set analysis once. Have you tested this?

Ashwinyp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks everyone for the solution.

I just figured out why it was not working. I had an "If" condition on the 'qtr_year' filter. One of the Quarters was called "Q_" and in order to ignore it, my filter had a condition as if(qtr_year <> 'Q_', qtr_year)

Due to this, my measure was not working. But if I use qtr_year as it is in the filter, it works. I don't understand why this is an issue though.