Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user467341
Creator II
Creator II

Ignoring filter for a line graph?

Hi,

I have a line graph using a calculated measures:

(Sum(A) - Sum({$<B= {'Car', 'Van'}>} A) - Sum({$<C= {"26"}>} A)) / Sum(A)

with dimension Month and Department.

Whenever I do some filtering, this line graph will also react to it. I want the line graph to react only to Department dimension, that is if someone select a department, it will filter to that department. Due to data modeling, if someone select a dimension called employee, it will affect this line graph! I want to avoid all other filter selection except department.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

So, to disregard all user selections, you can use the Set Analysis Identifier {1} (instead of the $), and to leep the selection of Department, you can bring it back with the function P, like this:

Department = P({$})

So, your overall formula should look like this:

{1<Department = P({$})>}    (Sum(A) - Sum({<B= {'Car', 'Van'}>} A) - Sum({<C= {"26"}>} A)) / Sum(A)

If this doesn't work, or if you are using an older version of Qlik Sense, then you should populate the same Set Analysis in each one of the aggregation functions.

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

So, to disregard all user selections, you can use the Set Analysis Identifier {1} (instead of the $), and to leep the selection of Department, you can bring it back with the function P, like this:

Department = P({$})

So, your overall formula should look like this:

{1<Department = P({$})>}    (Sum(A) - Sum({<B= {'Car', 'Van'}>} A) - Sum({<C= {"26"}>} A)) / Sum(A)

If this doesn't work, or if you are using an older version of Qlik Sense, then you should populate the same Set Analysis in each one of the aggregation functions.

To learn more advanced development techniques, check out the agenda of the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Orlando and to Dublin!