Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArrogantAardvark
Contributor III
Contributor III

Inconsistent selection list scrolling behavior

I have a dimension with many field values that I've added to a filter pane. The dimension is collapsed due to space constraints. When I click on the dimension to open the selection list, I cannot scroll through the selection list using the mouse scroll wheel--only the scroll bar works.

This is different than when there is enough room in the filter pane for the selection list to be expanded by default. In this case, the mouse scroll wheel can be used to navigate the list, which is the behavior I would expect.

Is this by design, or is this a bug in the UI? From a usability perspective, the need for additional clicks to navigate a selection list that is expanded from a collapsed dimension is not ideal. Thanks for any insights you can share.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I tested it and at least in the last version (September 2020 now) the mouse wheel works with collapsed dimensions.

ArrogantAardvark
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Interesting. I wonder if it's the browser then? Or user (me) error? I experience this behavior in both Chrome (85.0.4183.121) and Edge (85.0.564.63). Not a deal breaker, of course, but I'm just curious as to why this is happening. To be clear, the scroll wheel DOES work to navigate the field values in this situation, where the filter pane is large enough to display multiple values without needing to expand the dimension:

Expanded listbox.PNG

It does NOT work in this situation, where the dimension must first be expanded to reveal (some) of the field values:

Collapsed listbox.PNG

Thanks for the input!

rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

Do you have any updates I have a client who upgraded to Nov 2020 Patch 6 and they are now experiencing this issue and one users is very frustrated. Issue appeared in Chrome and Edge versions below. I also tried expanding the filter to not be collapsed and it worked.

Chrome 92.0.4514

Edge 92.0.905.55

Thank you

Rakesh

ArrogantAardvark
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No updates to report. I think this is just a limitation at the moment, unfortunately.