Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tflhan
Contributor
Contributor

Incremental loading based of a file name (which are dated)

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out a code that works for incremental load based on the file name (which are just the dates when loaded). Let me explain. I have been running into some issue with loading time, when updating my app. My current loading set up I have is that the app is pulling from a folder that had has excel files that I name with the date. I receive files each week and I save it as the date in the folder, but now the folder had 40 reports and it take forever to load all the information in. I trying to figure out a way that i can pull only 12 files at a time and only the most recent one. Could anyone help? Thank you very much in advance.

Example of the file names

1.28.19,2.4.19,2.11.19,2.18.19,2.25.19 and etc

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are these numbers from file name? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tflhan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The numbers are the date i save the file into the folder. Example: I receive a file Jan 28, 2019 so i save the file as 1.28.19. The excel file if you look into the folder would be 1.28.19