cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Inline Table

I have inline table with variables.I am given below example for reference.only first dimension is getting value in the bar chart and others are not displaying anything but when I select those values in the dimension it is showing values.Only one measure is displaying at a time.Any idea?

A:

Load * inline

[

DimName:

$(currentyear) value,

$(nextyear)value,

$(currentquarter)value

];

I have to use this dimension in bar chart measure expression 

if (DimName = $(currentyear)value,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName=$(nextyear)value,sum({variable}value)))

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You have an object with following expression as a measure?

if (DimName = $(currentyear)value,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName=$(nextyear)value,sum({variable}value)))

In order to get a measure value you have to make a selection in DimName?

When using a logic like FieldName = 'Value' in a chart object you meed to make sure that only one FieldName is associated to each row if not then you will not get an true() result. FieldName = 'Value' is interpreted exactly the same way as only(FieldName) = 'Value' 

So in your case consider if this is the correct logic for your chart object.

if (only(DimName) = $(currentyear)value,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName=$(nextyear)value,sum({variable}value)))

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vegar : thanks for your reply.

I am using DimName as dimension for the chart and for measure , I am using the below expression 

I need to show all values in the dimension in X-axis.Somehow I need to select all values in the field and display all the bars.I have tried with Only condition but it is not working .

Note - Inline table is not associated with existing data model

Vegar
MVP
MVP

it could be an issue with your lack  of quotation. 

Try this:

if (only(DimName) = '$(currentyear)value' ,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName= '$(nextyear)value' ,sum({variable}value)))

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vegar : Yeah I have tried that already but no luck

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Could you create and attach an example app that  replicates  your issue?

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vegar : I dont have access to share the app.

It is not working when I add the aggr function in the expression ,sample expression which is attached is not working fine.

if (only(DimName) = '$(currentyear)value' ,sum(aggr(sum({$(varuable)value),emp)),if(DimName= '$(nextyear)value' ,sum(aggr(sum({variable}value),emp))