Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Inline Table

I have inline table with variables.I am given below example for reference.only first dimension is getting value in the bar chart and others are not displaying anything but when I select those values in the dimension it is showing values.Only one measure is displaying at a time.Any idea?

A:

Load * inline

[

DimName:

$(currentyear) value,

$(nextyear)value,

$(currentquarter)value

];

I have to use this dimension in bar chart measure expression 

if (DimName = $(currentyear)value,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName=$(nextyear)value,sum({variable}value)))

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You have an object with following expression as a measure?

if (DimName = $(currentyear)value,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName=$(nextyear)value,sum({variable}value)))

In order to get a measure value you have to make a selection in DimName?

When using a logic like FieldName = 'Value' in a chart object you meed to make sure that only one FieldName is associated to each row if not then you will not get an true() result. FieldName = 'Value' is interpreted exactly the same way as only(FieldName) = 'Value' 

So in your case consider if this is the correct logic for your chart object.

if (only(DimName) = $(currentyear)value,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName=$(nextyear)value,sum({variable}value)))

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vegar : thanks for your reply.

I am using DimName as dimension for the chart and for measure , I am using the below expression 

I need to show all values in the dimension in X-axis.Somehow I need to select all values in the field and display all the bars.I have tried with Only condition but it is not working .

Note - Inline table is not associated with existing data model

Vegar
MVP
MVP

it could be an issue with your lack  of quotation. 

Try this:

if (only(DimName) = '$(currentyear)value' ,sum({$(varuable)value),if(DimName= '$(nextyear)value' ,sum({variable}value)))

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vegar : Yeah I have tried that already but no luck

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Could you create and attach an example app that  replicates  your issue?

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vegar : I dont have access to share the app.

It is not working when I add the aggr function in the expression ,sample expression which is attached is not working fine.

if (only(DimName) = '$(currentyear)value' ,sum(aggr(sum({$(varuable)value),emp)),if(DimName= '$(nextyear)value' ,sum(aggr(sum({variable}value),emp))