Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sree_1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to Display two charts from one button click in Qlik Sense?

My Requirement is like, I need to display 4 charts at a time by a button click in Qlik Sense. Is it possible to implement it in Qlik Sense? If yes, can someone let me know how to do it. Thanks in Advance!

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

High level steps are as below but you may need to correct formatting etc....

1. Create new variable vShow with a value 0 initially.

2. Add Action 'Set Variable' in the button. if(vShow = 0,1,0) //Toggle variable when clicked.

3. In each chart add calculation condition - $(vShow)

Also check if you can add charts inside a container object, I don't use them quite often but container has an ability to entirely hide chart display with the help of variable we created above when added in its show condition property, o the other hand calculation condition logic shows grey lines in the chart area when button makes vShow variable 0.

View solution in original post

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

You need to use the container chart for getting this done. 

Follow the steps as mentioned by DigVijay above for creating the variable, after creating the variable. 

Add all the charts that you want to show/hide on the button qlik into master items, after doing that add all the charts onto the container and set the value in the button as well. you can refer to the app i Created as well. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

High level steps are as below but you may need to correct formatting etc....

1. Create new variable vShow with a value 0 initially.

2. Add Action 'Set Variable' in the button. if(vShow = 0,1,0) //Toggle variable when clicked.

3. In each chart add calculation condition - $(vShow)

Also check if you can add charts inside a container object, I don't use them quite often but container has an ability to entirely hide chart display with the help of variable we created above when added in its show condition property, o the other hand calculation condition logic shows grey lines in the chart area when button makes vShow variable 0.

Sree_1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried the step by step procedure as mentioned but it seems not working as expected. Can you please in some more detail.

Thank you!

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

You need to use the container chart for getting this done. 

Follow the steps as mentioned by DigVijay above for creating the variable, after creating the variable. 

Add all the charts that you want to show/hide on the button qlik into master items, after doing that add all the charts onto the container and set the value in the button as well. you can refer to the app i Created as well. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
Sree_1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response! It worked.

Sree_1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response! It worked.