Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murali
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Is the end user is able to drag & drop the sheet objects from the Qlik Sense?

Hi,

Good Morning.

This is Murali. I have installed qlik sense desktop edition (Nov 2019) on my PC and developed some sample BI reports. As a developer,  I am able to drag & drop the sheet objects for the creation of BI reports. Is the end user is able to drag & drop the sheet objects as same like developer. Please let me know the restrictions from the end user side.

Thank you.

Murali Katta,

murali.katta@newage-global.com.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

First thing, If you installed Qliksense Desktop in local machine. Users can not access the app since it is per user / per system. If you want to be enable the same app for users you must need Enterprise version. If you know the diff between Desktop Vs Enterprise well and good

Then, If user also installed the same desktop version on their machine It doesn't know whether using by Developer or customer. Hence even who installed they also can access like what others do (Full authority)

After that, If you want to know the difference and restriction from Developer and User you may need to understand the License / token base system. For that, There are different allocation license providing by Qlik based on product and usage. Finally, You can read below steps of difference Qlik-license-usage

Hope this message may helps for you..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

First thing, If you installed Qliksense Desktop in local machine. Users can not access the app since it is per user / per system. If you want to be enable the same app for users you must need Enterprise version. If you know the diff between Desktop Vs Enterprise well and good

Then, If user also installed the same desktop version on their machine It doesn't know whether using by Developer or customer. Hence even who installed they also can access like what others do (Full authority)

After that, If you want to know the difference and restriction from Developer and User you may need to understand the License / token base system. For that, There are different allocation license providing by Qlik based on product and usage. Finally, You can read below steps of difference Qlik-license-usage

Hope this message may helps for you..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful