Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slihp67
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a proper Sheet level access solution

I am new to QS so may be missing something BUT

I have implemented app-level security with the use of creating @APPleveMngt custom properties which I can assign to my users and my apps. So by updating my security rules and checking for @APPleveMngt.isEmpty I can show all my existing apps to all my existing users that had the rights to see them previously, I can then assign the custom property to my new apps that i want to secure at app level and with the addition of on exception rule can show the secured apps to users I want to have access. This works well and dose not impact all the existing apps and users.

This does not seem to be available at sheet level I presume because you cant assign a sheet a customer property. Everything i have read so far seems to be hiding all sheets to all users and then granting access on a user per user basis to users that require it by hard coding users names into security rules. This approach would lead to massive if statements on user name in security rules and become hard to manage.

Is there no way to secure sheets similar way to securing apps i.e. all users can see apps unless the app is secured at app level and then only if they satisfy the exception rule?

thanks

0 Replies