Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiakranthi
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to move specific rows or columns of data within a table without having to copy and paste them manually?

Hi everyone, I'm new to working with tables and I'm wondering if someone can explain the process for shifting data within a table. Specifically, I'm interested in moving rows or columns of data to a different location within the same table. Are there any specific factors that I should consider before doing so, such as the type of data or the size of the table? I'm a beginner in working with tables and I'm hoping someone can explain the process for shifting data within a table. Specifically, I'm interested in moving rows or columns of data to a different private network location within the same table. However, I'm concerned about service provider potential risks or errors that may arise from doing so, especially with regards to the type and size of data involved. Can anyone offer any advice or guidance on the identifying component  best way to approach this task? Are there any specific factors that I should take into consideration before attempting to shift data within a table?  I don't want to accidentally lose any important data or cause any issues with the table. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (6)
1 Reply
AustinSpivey
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Could you be more specific about what you hope to accomplish? Perhaps share some screenshots? It's hard to understand what exactly you want to do -- depending on how I read it, you could benefit from Order ByMappingCrosstable, etc. Are you talking about tables in your app's data model or are you talking about tables in the frontend, like the actual table visualizations?

Austin Spivey | Principal Consultant @ Arc Analytics
ArcAnalytics.us | Add me on LinkedIn