Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

Issues restoring a qlik sense site

Hello Qlikers,

I need your help to sort out an issue I'm facing while trying to move my Qlik Sense site on a different server. I've correctly backed up everything (certificates, database, licenses etc.) as suggested. However, when trying to restore the db (as reported in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...) the first command - restore of QSR - is executed successfully but the second one (related to SenseServices) is throwing the following error. Has anyone had to face and solved it? Thanks a lot!  

Brunello

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 11.48.15.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

even though it's not documented well, I've been told the right process is the following

1) After a fresh install before restoring you need to dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres
2) Create a template createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0
3) Then restore

This needs to be done for SenseServices, QSMQ and Licenses individually

Example for SenseServices

dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres SenseServices
createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 SenseServices
pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d SenseServices "c:\SenseServices_backup.tar"

This solved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mika_2000
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

The server you are migrating to has the same hostname as the old qlik server? Or is it a different hostname? Please verify this in the cmd by typing hostname.

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Mika_2000  I managed to have it the same hostname

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

even though it's not documented well, I've been told the right process is the following

1) After a fresh install before restoring you need to dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres
2) Create a template createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0
3) Then restore

This needs to be done for SenseServices, QSMQ and Licenses individually

Example for SenseServices

dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres SenseServices
createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 SenseServices
pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d SenseServices "c:\SenseServices_backup.tar"

This solved the issue.