Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajan
Contributor II
Contributor II

JWT Authentication

I am trying to authenticate users based on JWT.
Following the documentation of the JWT signing, I was able to generate the private key, public key, and sign the JWT token using the private key. Once signed,  how to send the signed JWT token to qlik for authentication? I couldn't find the documentation for this. I intend to use the JS Capability APIs to interact with Qlik and display the graphs and maps on my dashboard on per user basis. How to authenticate the users using a specific JWT signed token, how to send it to qlik?

Thank You.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

It's all a matter of setting the right header for your request. You need a header with the key "Authorization" and value "Bearer <API-key>". Here is an example that might be of interest to you:

https://github.com/goldbergjeffrey/qs-jwt-examples/blob/master/node-examples/jwtMashup.js#L66

rajan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I have been through this link but this is for connecting Qlik for Windows and using NodeJs to forward the JWT token. I am looking for a way to forward the JWT token to the Qlik Sense SaaS platform.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

The flow is identical for QCS. Just add that header and you should be good to go. You can find examples for this in on the Developer Portal:

https://qlik.dev/apis/rest/apps#%23%2Fentries%2Fapps%2F-appId-get

rajan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, Thank You for the link. I will go through it. Also, is it possible to contact to directly via email, so that I can ask multiple doubts and be able to get a clear picture as to how I can login various users to Qlik using JWT and be able to create apps for them on-the-go and be able to show their respective data on the dashboard?

Thank You