Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KirstenKa
Creator II
Creator II

Join 2 columns and add column after join

I am currently using excel files from sharepoint to upload in my script. Now I have 2 datafiles which are the same but from a different Region, Region US and Region Europe. Now I would like to upload both files, join them and after joining create 1 joined file (in the loadscript) an in this joined file I would like to add a column which is saying if the item/row in the dataset is from Europe or US

Labels (1)
2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, While loading data from each file, add a calculated field named Region to distinguish between Europe and US data.

USData:
LOAD *,
'US' as Region
FROM abc;

Concatenate
EuropeData:
LOAD *,
'Europe' as Region
FROM xyz;

NoConcatenate
AllData:
LOAD * Resident USData;

DROP Table USData;

KirstenKa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi thanks @BrunPierre Sorry for the late reaction but it took a while before I started working on this issue. When I add 'US' as Region to my code it doesn't accept it because US is not in my datafile as a column Region,  and I would like to avoid that I need to manually add a column Region US in my datafiles. Is there a way to add it in the script or the only way is to manually add a column Region US in my datafile?