Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DekAnku
Contributor II
Contributor II

Joining Two Tables

Hello Everyone,

My query is

I have two tables, lets say Table A and Table B. These two tables are of huge size and hence joining them via outer join is taking a lot of time. 

Table A is the main table with 16lakh rows and Table B is secondary table with around 3lakh rows.

Both of them have a common column which can be used as a key

I want to join these tables. 
Can you help me with the logic to do this apart from 'Join' ?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Why you want to join the tables? 

You can also load the both tables in one Datamodel in a QlikSense app.

Otherwise if you have only one or two fields that you want to add to a table you could use Mapping. 

DekAnku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

How can I load two tables in one Data Model ?

Both of my tables have multiple columns, hence can not use Mapping. 

marcus_sommer

It depends on the kind of data if it's sensible to merge the data within the script or if they are just associated. If one table is the fact-table and the other a dimension-table they mustn't be mandatory merged.

That there is more as a single column which should be added isn't a showstopper for a mapping approach. Fields could be easily combined within the mapping and afterwards separated again.

Beside this it would be helpful to know how much time the measure needed and what your expectation respectively acceptable time span is? It's not the smallest dataset but far away from huge and probably not a big issue within a nightly refresh ...