Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest Date record in filter

Hi All,

I have a filter called Reporting Period in the dashboard. I want to select the latest date value by default when ever i open the app.

i.e., in the attached image value Jul-15 have to be selected by default or always when open the app. If the data loaded and the latest value is Dec-15 then that has to be selected. Also this has to be sorted according to latest value.

RP.png

We can do this with the help of a Trigger in QV. Please let me know how can we do this in QS.

Regards,

Nandha

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

may be like this in QV, not sure about QS:

Go to Document Settings ->Triggers->DocumentEventTriggers->Select "OnOpen" -> Click AddAction->Add ->Selection->Select In Field->OK

Then you have to put your datefield in the "Field" and put : =max(DateField) in the "Search String"

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Triggers are not supported yet in Qlik Sense.

To meet your requirement in Qlik Sense I'd Create a bookmark that saves your desired default stage and save the app so it opens in that state.

As far as sorting lists go assuming you have a proper date associated with that field you can use sort by expression to sort on the actual rather than display date.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi NandhaKumar,

This functionality is not yet available in QlikSense.