Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard24best
Creator II
Creator II

Left join with master file using File Loop

Hi Team,

I have a master table called MPR_Fact to which i want to do left join with Year end files Dec_2021, Dec_2022,Dec_2023 using ID and create flag

For Each File in FileList('[lib://ArchiveYear/Dec*]')
left join
YearEnd:
LOAD

distinct "ID",'Y' as Remediated_Flag

FROM [$(File)] (ooxml, embedded labels) where match("Project Status (M)",'Process demised',
'Remediated - Fully automated');
Next File

Could you please check and advice, how do i get all the IDs in year end files to be tagged with Y in the main Table?

Appreciate your time and support in advance.

Regards,

Richard

Labels (1)
3 Replies
anat
Master
Master

marcus_sommer

Joining within loops will seldom be working because the added field from the first iteration becomes a KEY in the second iteration. Therefore remove the join and load all information in a temp-table, afterwards you creates a mapping table from the temp-table and in a third step you load the origin table with an applymap() to get your flag-value and setting also a default-value in the third parameter for the non-matchings.

Beside this if your id's aren't unique in regard to the year you will need to add this information, too for the mapping.

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

You need to combine your Dec_2021, Dec_2022,Dec_2023 files before joining them to the master table. Otherwise, after the first JOIN, the field Remediated_Flag already exists in the master table.

One possible solution:

Archive:
LOAD
FROM
  [lib://ArchiveYear/Dec*.xlsx]
  (ooxml, embedded labels)
WHERE
  match("Project Status (M)", 'Process demised', 'Remediated - Fully automated');

LEFT JOIN (YearEnd) LOAD
  //...
RESIDENT
  Archive;

DROP TABLE Archive;