Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

License De Allocation - User running Qlik services.

Hi Team,

License Summary: We have purchased 6 licenses; 1 Professional and 5 Analyzer Licenses

I have installed Qlik Sense Enterprise in Windows server. I have used the administrator user, to run the Qlik services only. I have another user ABC for development purpose, where Professional license is allocated.

As of now, I have allocated one analyzer license for the administrator user. Now, I need to de-allocate this analyzer license from administrator and allocate to some other user.

What I need to know is, when I de-allocate it from admin user, what are the impacts will happen to system other than Application Access. Ex: - Is it will be issue for services running, etc.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Hello @muhammedraleen 

You can deallocate the license from the service account but if you have used it in the last 7 days (IE: opened an application with it in the HUB) it will not be released immediately. It has a quarantine period of 7 days so post that you can assign it to any other user in QMC. Note that after you do this, you will not be able to open the apps in hub using this account. You will get a pop-up saying : You do not have an access pass. You can still open hub and view streams and app icons inside it if you have the permissions.

Do not remove root admin access from this account if it is running your Qlik Sense services. It is required for configuration.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Hello @muhammedraleen 

You can deallocate the license from the service account but if you have used it in the last 7 days (IE: opened an application with it in the HUB) it will not be released immediately. It has a quarantine period of 7 days so post that you can assign it to any other user in QMC. Note that after you do this, you will not be able to open the apps in hub using this account. You will get a pop-up saying : You do not have an access pass. You can still open hub and view streams and app icons inside it if you have the permissions.

Do not remove root admin access from this account if it is running your Qlik Sense services. It is required for configuration.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you @Mike_Dickson for your support and time.

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you @Mike_Dickson for your support and time.