Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zototo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Limitation to get Top values in Table isn't working properly

Hello everyone, 

I cannot understand how limitation in my table is working and hope you'll help me to figure out what am I doing wrong. 

There's a table with calculated measures in 20 columns and I need to limit Top-25 shops by Profit and show Others all together. My measure is in the middle of the table. On a sorting pane the needed measure is the first one. But when I do limitation with top 25 as fixed number it sorts it in absolutely non logical way. I have also played with the other measures but result was still the same. 

I read lot of topics in here and other places and this is what I tried:

1. There was assumption that maybe the problem is that data is coming from Oracle, so I tried to create null values so it was simply excluded with unselect null values. Didn't help, result is the same. And tried ='' and =0 in following:

if(if(SUM({ $< START_TS.autoCalendar.Date={"$(=Date(Max(START_TS.autoCalendar.Date)))"} > } COUNT_GAMES)>0,
SUM({ $< START_TS.autoCalendar.Date={"$(=Date(Max(START_TS.autoCalendar.Date)))"} > } COUNT_TERMINALS) ,0)=0,null(),
if(SUM({ $< START_TS.autoCalendar.Date={"$(=Date(Max(START_TS.autoCalendar.Date)))"} > } COUNT_GAMES)>0,
SUM({ $< START_TS.autoCalendar.Date={"$(=Date(Max(START_TS.autoCalendar.Date)))"} > } COUNT_TERMINALS) ,0))

2. I created a rank column to check how limitation works and with rank it hides the first row and puts it to Others, still sorting position is right. And also I don't need column with rank but have no idea how to use it within measure expression. 

rank(Sum( { $< START_TS.autoCalendar.Date={"$(=Date(Max(START_TS.autoCalendar.Date)))"} > } [SUM_BETS]-[SUM_WINS] )
-Sum( { $<START_TS.autoCalendar.Date={"$(=Date(Max(START_TS.autoCalendar.Date)))"} > } SUM_JACKPOTWIN ))

3. As far as I can see, the position of columns in table is playing some role because if I change it - list of limited shops is changing as well. But still - no idea how. Still - on sorting pane is the same Profit measure. 

4. Created table from the scratch twice just in case, used aggr - same. 

How can I have Top-25 shops and Others by Profit?

Thank you in advance!

Labels (6)
0 Replies