Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcmanus_peter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Linked tables with prices

HI,

I have a excel spreadsheet with a list of items that does not have a price attached to it.

I have a separate spreadsheet with a list of items and it does have the price list.

I have created a link between these using the item as the link between the two spreadsheets.

I have then used spreadsheet without a price attached to it to calculate the number of items. I then try to multiple this by the field in the spreadsheet with the price list to give a total value of sales of each item. However when I do it Qlik Sense doesn't like it. I was wondering do I need do something more complicated than a simple *.

3 Replies
y_grynechko
Creator III
Creator III

Hey,

can you provide us with the data? Or the laod script to show how you link data together? 

mcmanus_peter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI,

Due to confidentiality I don't think I can provide actual data.

The way I can describe it is that I have a table with all the customer ID's (report authorizer-role codes RAW) & exam description of each product.

I do a count on the products description purchased by each customer which ends in WL as so

count
({$<[Report Authorizer-Role codes RAW]={"*WL"}>}
[Exam Descriptor Price list-Exam Descriptor RAW]
)

I have a separate list of exam descriptors with prices that I need to use to calculate total sales for each customer ID. I am unsure what I would add to do this or if I am approaching it wrong.

y_grynechko
Creator III
Creator III

Can you share the screens of headers of every table you have?