Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DutchArjo
Creator
Creator

Load employee presence dates table based on interval

I want to load an employees presence table with all the dates somebody was present or not based on tasks he or she was assigned to. I have a separate table which has all the tasks and their start and end date.

I know Intervalmatch should do some trick for me in this but I do not succeed in thinking how I should get this.

and actually, it's a 2-step rocket: first, an employee is present or not for a range of dates based on the tasks the employee is assigned to. But secondly, it's possible for many reasons an employee is present although assigned for a tasks (e.g. illness, holiday, education etc.). These dates are also recorded in a separate table.

How should I do this?

Below is (a port of) the model I have now:

Knipsel.PNG

the activities(tasks) are recorded in the table 'ACTIVITEITEN'.

(activity id, activity start date, activity end date).

'MDW_AANWEZIGHEID' now contains a employee/datekey (employeeID & date (yyyy-mm-dd).

That key checks in the AFWEZIGHEID table for a match for the employee/date key.

and MDW_ACTIVITEITEN contains the employee_ID and the tasks(activity_ID) he or she is assigned to.

From this, I should be able to get alle the dates he/she normally would be present am I?

CAL_Date in the table MasterCalendar contains all the dates matching with the ranges in the table 'ACTIVITEITEN'.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

You can create a column called Workday intially based on set of tasks. It will be 1 if its working day else 0. Based on this you can do the calucations, it will give desired results. Even in interval match also you can use this.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”