Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foodie123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Loading Data From Excel in Different Rows

Hello Experts,

I am trying to load data from excel from the same sheet but from multiple, different rows but I'm not sure how to do that. 

I currently have it loaded starting from row 62 but I would also like to load data from a different row and different column.

In Script:

Foodie123_1-1684428602554.png

In excel:

Puling data from row 62 starting in column A.

Foodie123_0-1684433883981.png

Also want to pull data from row 7 starting in column AH in same sheet.

Foodie123_1-1684433991677.png

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

With your "header is 62 lines" you say that the columnnames of your table is defined at row 62 and that you will load data on the rows below.

If you have another table  definition further down (let's say at row 100) in your excel with other column names then you should adjust to "header is 100 lines" and refer to the column names that are defined on that row.

Foodie123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Vegar,

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to load data from multiple rows, not just at row 62

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I think you misunderstood  me. 

"header is 62 lines" is defining where the column name definition is set. It does not limit the number of rows below row 62 that is fetched. Ot just tells Qlik Sense to ignore the 61 rows above.

Foodie123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I have two different tables in the same sheet but starting at different rows that I want to pull from. 

One table is starting from row 62 and another is starting at row 7. 

marcus_sommer

What's the problem? You could load each single cell as table within a load - just use the table-wizard and there pointing to the wanted columns and the rows where it should be starting. The script will be automatically generated and you don't need to adjust the header-information within the file-format.

These loads will fetch all rows with a content within it. If the table-columns are overlapping each other you need of course some filter. This might be done be done with appropriate set FIRST load-prefix values which you could derive from the header-information and/or by applying them with a where-clause on recno() and/or by applying where-clauses on the exists of certain and/or any content within the rows, maybe just: where len(Field) >= 1; because it's quite unlikely that there aren't any unique information within the table-areas.

Beside the above mentioned more or less manually restricted rows you could of course also applying dynamically approaches in which the content of the first load is evaluated and used to define the following load but I doubt that this is really necessary.