Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exploitation_OHC
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Loading apps in cache

Hello,

I wanted to know if there was a way to put some application in Cache so that our clients don't need to wait the loading of their apps when they opened it for the first time.

I've already searched on the net and found an extension called CacheInitializer but it doesn't seemed to work with my current version of Qlik sense.

Is there another way to load apps in cache with a script for example ?

My installation is on qlik sense april 2019  with three nodes (two  nodes doing reloads and one front for the clients).

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

What do you mean that the CacheInitializer is not working? What is the response when you run the EXE?

Exploitation_OHC
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Well the thing is that the CacheInitializer works randomly, sometimes it will load four apps in the cache and others it will just failled to load repeatedly with an error message. 

The launching script i've created is based on examples found on the official GitHub of the extension .

Exploitation_OHC
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Does anyone might have a lead  on how to solve this problem ?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The only other obvious thought that I have is to use the Qlik Scalability Tools:

Build out a scenario where the user opens the app and cycles through the sheets (making any selections you so desire). From there you can launch is from the command line like so:

• C:\scalabilitytools-5.1.0\SDKExerciser\Sep2018\SDKExerciserConsole.exe config="C:\scalabilitytools-5.1.0\Scenario\scenario.json" configname="scenario-name" server=servername app="appid" ssl=True headername=X-Qlik-User virtualproxyprefix=header iterations=-1 usernameprefix=Exerciser concurrentusers=1 rampupdelay=2.00 executiontime=3600 instancenumber=1 appmode=Open newuserforeachiteration=True afteriterationwait=NoWait afteriterationwaittime=0 logDir="C:\scalabilitytools-5.1.0\Results\results"

^ you'll need to adjust some of the params there to match your values.