Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arvind_Singh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Loading collapsible rows from excel in qlikview

Hi,

I need to import the attached excel in qlikview. This excel contains collapsible rows. when I load it in qlikview it loads as a normal table i.e. it creates a row for every row in the excel.

I want to visualize the data in QSEN to compare  fields - "Project Estimated" and  "Project Actual" in a way that when I select the root level cell  "Org Plan" under "Summary" field  it should automatically select the rows under it (Row 2 -till Row 12). Similarly if I select any other cell under "Summary" (example Row 6 - "Releases") all the rows above that cell (Row 2-5) and the rows below (Row 7 - 12) under the tree ("Org Plan")should get selected.

However, if we select any cell in the leaf level (example Row 10 - HC: Jack) then the Rows 2 - 6 should be returned and not the other leaf rows 7,8,9,11,12.

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Have you tried using a Pivot Table. It will collapse o the top or expand when you click on one of the parents?

Arvind_Singh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes I tried using Pivot table but the issue is that the Pivot table also takes each row from the excel as an individual row. 

Which field are you suggesting to add in the dimension and measure?