Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Lookup table in data manager calculated field

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to use similar function to vookup or index/match function in excel in the calculated fields in the data manager section.  Ideally, I wanted to keep the dimension tables separate and create connection, but I have multiple fact tables and when I try to keep the dimension tables separate for customer table and Employee table where Customer table has the information of sales reps code which is also contained in Employee table, so I initially tried to associate employee table's sales reps code fields with the customer tables' sales reps code, but this associate messed up the calculation in other places, so I decided to remove the association, and instead, decided to bring the sales reps name from employee table by using some kind of lookup function in the customer table in a calculated field newly created and named sales reps' name.  However, I am new to Qlik Sense, and I don't know how to do that.  I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me how I can do vlookup or index/match like lookup function in a calculated field in the data manager view.  

Thank you very much for your help!

6 Replies
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks you.  I see that it is a script function, and not a calculated field formula.  I will try that script function, but given my excel background, calculated field seems easier.  I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if there is a calculated field way of doing this.  

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your post said "data manager", so I assume you meant script. A calculated field in the Data Manager is script.  If you have further questions could you post a screenshot of your data model?

-Rob

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks again.  I attach the table below which I grayed out the content of the table as it contains customer data.  I added a field in the table and a calculated field is added, but I don't know how to lookup data from another table (employee table) in here. 

Newbie7_0-1623938307272.png

Thank you for your help!

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know if I can use calculated field in the Data Manager to lookup a column from another table by using a lookup function similar to vlookup or index/match in Excel.  I am new to Qlik Sense and I am hesitant to start messing around with Data load editor, which is currently auto generated.  

Newbie7_0-1624197462006.png

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

I tried the lookup function as follows, but it is not working and I am not sure how to fix it.  

Newbie7_0-1624249075928.png

I'd appreciate if anyone could let me know what I am doing wrongly.