Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igor_leblanc
Contributor
Contributor

Make week from a Floor(Date)

Hi Everyone 🙂

I'm new to Qlik and I struggle with some simple matters.

I transformed a date which was DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm into DD/MM/YYYY with floor formula : 

Date(Floor( Timestamp#( "Date Initialisation",'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')),'DD/MM/YYYY') as "Date Initialisation",

Now i would like to transform this date in Weeks. I can do it with normal dates with that formula : 

if(year("Date Reception BC") like '2020','0', Week("Date Reception BC"))as [Date Reception BC Semaine],

But this formula does not work with my floor(date)

And yes I need to keep just the date from the current year, that is what I found to do so. If you have simpler, do not hesitate 😉

How could I do ?

Regards, 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Date(Floor( Timestamp#( "Date Initialisation",'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')),'DD/MM/YYYY') as "Date Initialisation",

If(Year(Timestamp#("Date Initialisation", 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')) = Year(Today(1)), Week(Timestamp#( "Date Initialisation",'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm'))) as [Date Init Semaine],

View solution in original post

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

The date field you transformed is called Date Initialisation, what is Date Reception BC? Is it another transformed field? If it is transformed correctly, you can try this

If(Year("Date Reception BC") = Year(Today(1), Week("Date Reception BC")) as [Date Reception BC Semaine]
igor_leblanc
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, 

Unfortunately, I only get a blank as below 

igor_leblanc_0-1631543097816.png

I think my date is fine though, see below : 

igor_leblanc_1-1631543162885.png

Date Reception BC is not a transformed field, that's why it is working. With the transformed one, it does not work 😞

any idea ?

igor_leblanc
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I got this for the moment : 

If(Year("Date Initialisation") = Year(Today(1)), Week("Date Initialisation")) as [Date Init Semaine],

sunny_talwar

Try this

If(Year(Timestamp#("Date Initialisation", 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm')) = Year(Today(1)), Week(Timestamp#( "Date Initialisation",'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm'))) as [Date Init Semaine],
igor_leblanc
Contributor
Contributor
Author

You're a genius !!

How could I do if I wanted to have only the last 6 month ?

Thanks again, 

Igor

igor_leblanc
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, let me be more precise !

I would like to have this information on a graph like this : 

igor_leblanc_0-1631544544737.png

But only for last 6 month. How to do so ? 

Many thanks, 

Igor

sunny_talwar

lol thanks. Sorry, I am not sure I understand your follow up question? Are you saying you want to create a flag which identify last 6 months from today or another date?? or do you want to restrict your dashboard to just last 6 months from today or another date??

igor_leblanc
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I would like to restrict my dashboard to last 6 month from today 🙂

sunny_talwar

Add a where statement to your table load

Where Timestamp#("Date Initialisation", 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm') >= AddMonths(Today(1), -6)