Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRSB
Partner - Contributor III

Map shows a wrong area/ Missing areas

Hello,

I'm new to Qlik Sense and I'm trying to create a map object.

I Have a table that contains a field city.

When I filter on LYON which is in France, the map points to lyon USA. Plus there are some cities that the map does not show.

2.pngU.PNG

ssahar_0-1601581658331.png

Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks and best regards.

6 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

In your layer, use the Location option to narrow down the search. Check the image below:

answer2_qlik.PNG

But if you have cities in other countries, this will mess it up.

Another option is to add ",FR" to the location field, or add more information about the location by creation a new column or an expression.

SRSB
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your help. this actually solves the problem of the misplaced areas. But how to fix the missing ones, for example the city 'BRUXELLES' does not appear on the map.

Best regards.

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@SRSB 

Attached is the list of area layers that Qlik has for France. If your city name is not in that list it may not load the city area. 

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@SRSB 

As for BRUXELLES this is Brussels, Belgium yes?  It likely is not going to show as you have the country set to France. In the location data where you have CITY I would Concatenate this with Country.

Such as      CITYFIELD  &   ', '  &  COUNTRYFIELD

This should let the engine search for the right city and country. I have issues with this with US cities an states all the time! 

SRSB
Author

Hello, Thanks your help

In fact I have set the country to a field CountryField so that my cities are not restricted to only one Country. It works for most of the cities like 'Japan', New York', 'Paris' . I changed 'Bruxelles' to Brussel and then it worked fine. But it is not the case for Boston, Durban... 😔

Brussel.PNGcountryCode.PNG

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@SRSB 

Not totally sure why that would be? One thing I do know is that the names must match exactly as they are in the Qlik Tables. If anything is off or not the same it will not associate and create the layer... this may be what is happening here.